Poocherelli's Posts

Musings of a spiritual being, a dog lover,a friend to cats, a musician, a lover of God and the Episcopal church, and a female with a wicked sense of humor still seeking who she's supposed to be in this world, all rolled up into one being!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

IM Evangelism

Will wonders never cease? I've chatted with a new friend from the UK for a couple of days now, and we got into church stuff today. I told her I was Episcopalian, and she had never heard of that. I witnessed as to what my faith has meant to me in dealing with some health problems both she and I face, without getting preachy, and I think she may just be at a point to investigate finding a church home. My Baptist friends would chide me for not leading her in prayer to accept Jesus Christ; I just don't feel that she's there yet, but I think she may have opened the door! IM-ing is perhaps not the place for deep spiritual conversation.

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 8:23 PM, Blogger DBW said...

Online theological discussions are very much en vogue. Nothing like having a Baptist toss scripture references at you via IM (from my experience, I know you're ECUSA like me)
What did your IM friend have to say about the C of E in England?

 
At 6/02/2005 8:44 PM, Blogger Donna B said...

My friend is evidently unchurched. The terms "Anglican" and "Episcopalian" meant nothing to her; She asked if they were Christian.She also had no response to Church of England.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a product of the Texas Panhandle and now live in way south Texas, 20 miles from the ocean. I'm a music teacher, retired due to health reasons. I've raised beagles for years, but currently only have 1; His name is Webber, after Andrew Lloyd Webber. I have been adopted by a doxie/beagle/terrier/? mix named Poochie. Trying to make HIS name into a musical one brought variations like Puccini (a real opera composer) and Poocherelli. I also have been adopted by 3 feral kitties for whom I pay vet bills. They have attracted 3 more who are too feral to be touched yet. I am an Episcopalian grown from generations of Methodist roots, and happy to be so. I have a wicked sense of humor, but I'm generally quiet and a bit shy. I have always loved reading and writing, so here I am!

Powered by Blogger