Poocherelli's Posts

Musings of a spiritual being, a dog lover,a friend to cats, a musician, a lover of God and the Episcopal church, and a female with a wicked sense of humor still seeking who she's supposed to be in this world, all rolled up into one being!

Friday, June 10, 2005

Convention Report

I've just returned from an international convention that isn't even on this continent very often, and I only had to drive 4 hours to get there! This was an international gathering of oboists and bassoonists with many choices of recitals, lectures, and exhibit areas each day. I renewed old friendships, made some new friends, and got to sit at the feet of some of my idols. This was my first time to participate in the Massed Double Reed Band performance on the last day of the convention. Because most of us oboe and bassoon players grow up in an environment in which we're the only one in our performing group or one of a couple of double reeds, it is quite a power trip to be in one "hugemongous" group of 'em! There were 55 of us on stage. I think we could generate nuclear power with a little practice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a product of the Texas Panhandle and now live in way south Texas, 20 miles from the ocean. I'm a music teacher, retired due to health reasons. I've raised beagles for years, but currently only have 1; His name is Webber, after Andrew Lloyd Webber. I have been adopted by a doxie/beagle/terrier/? mix named Poochie. Trying to make HIS name into a musical one brought variations like Puccini (a real opera composer) and Poocherelli. I also have been adopted by 3 feral kitties for whom I pay vet bills. They have attracted 3 more who are too feral to be touched yet. I am an Episcopalian grown from generations of Methodist roots, and happy to be so. I have a wicked sense of humor, but I'm generally quiet and a bit shy. I have always loved reading and writing, so here I am!

Powered by Blogger