Poocherelli's Posts

Musings of a spiritual being, a dog lover,a friend to cats, a musician, a lover of God and the Episcopal church, and a female with a wicked sense of humor still seeking who she's supposed to be in this world, all rolled up into one being!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pentecost: Wind, wind, blow on me......

Pentecost Sunday at St. A's was GORGEOUS! Many of us wore red, and there were red
paper streamers and mobiles hanging down from the ceiling. (I know, it sounds really cheap, but it looked COOL)The sermon concentrated on our priest's mom, who is an artist and a kite expert. Sermons about the Holy Spirit deal with kites pretty well. I was reminded by a memory of my dad's dad, Pawpaw, who took my brother and me out kite-flying by the Canadian River bridge one Sunday. I think he was holding the string until the kite got up into the air. Suddenly, the kite swirled in the air, then nose-dived and wrapped completely around my granddad, even wrapping around his ever-present pipe in his mouth! I THINK we all died laughing at that point.

Our singles gang wound up at the Omni Buffet despite a downpour that started just as we left church. Our driver, Officer Bob, assured us that his truck was high enough to get us safely and dryly to the Omni. Besides which,he used the valet parking, so we never even got touched by a raindrop! It was grand to visit and catch up with one another, as we've not been all together in the same place in months. Joy is a good thing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a product of the Texas Panhandle and now live in way south Texas, 20 miles from the ocean. I'm a music teacher, retired due to health reasons. I've raised beagles for years, but currently only have 1; His name is Webber, after Andrew Lloyd Webber. I have been adopted by a doxie/beagle/terrier/? mix named Poochie. Trying to make HIS name into a musical one brought variations like Puccini (a real opera composer) and Poocherelli. I also have been adopted by 3 feral kitties for whom I pay vet bills. They have attracted 3 more who are too feral to be touched yet. I am an Episcopalian grown from generations of Methodist roots, and happy to be so. I have a wicked sense of humor, but I'm generally quiet and a bit shy. I have always loved reading and writing, so here I am!

Powered by Blogger