Poocherelli's Posts

Musings of a spiritual being, a dog lover,a friend to cats, a musician, a lover of God and the Episcopal church, and a female with a wicked sense of humor still seeking who she's supposed to be in this world, all rolled up into one being!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A great followup to my last post 2 1/2 years ago!

WOW! I really need to get back to blogging! As I write today, I have been off of the drug mentioned in the previous post for 40 days. Over the past months, I had descended into a black cave from which I could not exit. The drug, Cymbalta, which had many HELPful effects on me at one time, was, I believe, the cause of that descent. As a result of a loss of prescription coverage, I was unable to refill my prescription at the end of April. I did suffer the 0 to BITCH in 6 seconds effects the first 10 or so days, but the darkness lifted after about 15 days off the drug. I have some more pain problems now, and I now have emotions flooding back (what the hell are THOSE?), but the end of Cymbalta is for me at this time in life God's greatest blessing. I am ready to return to my "Mother Earth News" self, get back to taking proper care of my spirit and my body, and do the things I know are best for me. Medicating my problems away, at least with Cymbalta, has proven to be a very bad thing for me. Thanks be to God. More later!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a product of the Texas Panhandle and now live in way south Texas, 20 miles from the ocean. I'm a music teacher, retired due to health reasons. I've raised beagles for years, but currently only have 1; His name is Webber, after Andrew Lloyd Webber. I have been adopted by a doxie/beagle/terrier/? mix named Poochie. Trying to make HIS name into a musical one brought variations like Puccini (a real opera composer) and Poocherelli. I also have been adopted by 3 feral kitties for whom I pay vet bills. They have attracted 3 more who are too feral to be touched yet. I am an Episcopalian grown from generations of Methodist roots, and happy to be so. I have a wicked sense of humor, but I'm generally quiet and a bit shy. I have always loved reading and writing, so here I am!

Powered by Blogger